Monday, June 9, 2014

I'm wrapping up my crafting a pitch blog series based on Rachelle Gardner's blog post on how to craft the perfect pitch.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and admit that I'm continuing to struggle with Rachelle's question  #8 about describing the main points that propel the plot forward for Alex and Chase's story. I continue to struggle to narrow down the entire plot to just the "main" ones and not have a blog post that is 20 pages long. 

I've got one other writing exercise up my sleeve to help me focus and prioritize plot points for Alex and Chase. Don't worry. I'll get this even if it takes me a 1,000 tries. In the meantime, check out my responses to the last of Rachelle's questions.  



Question 9: What is the setting of the story?

Answer: Portland, Oregon, Bridal Veil Waterfall State Park, which is about an hour outside of Portland, although I've fictionalized some details about the park to suit my writing needs, and Chase's ranch, which is 2 hours outside of Portland.

Question 10: What is the interesting backstory that affects your characters?

Answer: I've already alluded to this. For Alex, it's her trust issues. For Chase, it's the death of his first wife.

Question 11: What is the book's theme?

Answer: Learning to trust and love again the second time around.


I've turned this theme into my tagline for my blog, in case you didn't notice. Even the most distrustful heart can be redeemed by love. In the end, isn't that the truth?

No comments:

Post a Comment