Friday, August 1, 2014

Does this happen to anyone else?

So, like, um, this always happens to me: I pour boiling water over a black tea bag hanging out in my favorite heavy duty mug (or dainty china cup and saucer, depending on my mood)
leaving it on the counter in the kitchen to steep. I sit down at my desk in our parlor and begin to write. I get so engrossed in the writing that I forget about my cup of tea, which stands on the counter, alone, lonely sentinel, forlorn and abandoned, not to mention cold. Undrinkable. In order to drink it, I must reheat the tea but get preoccupied with writing again because I'll be darned if I'm gonna stand there in the kitchen like a bump on a log and wait the one minute the tea is reheating in the microwave. 

Repeat three or four more times.

Is this a sign that I'm a good writer? Or just a knucklehead? Does anyone else do this?  

No comments:

Post a Comment