Saturday, January 7, 2012

The Seed Catalog!

I am excited!  The seed catalog arrived in the mail last week.  Pages and pages of beautiful vegetables, herbs and flowers.

Lavish abundance packed into tiny seeds.

Every January, I fantasize about all the tomatoes and herbs and flowers that I will grow on my desk.  In turn, I fantasize about all the homemade salsa from truly vine ripened tomatoes or pesto sauce that I will make with my abundant little container garden.  You will envy me.  I might even share.

What are your gardening plans?

1 comment:

  1. I look forward to the seed catalogs too. Here’s my winter time ritual: We have so much land that is seems only natural to have a garden, so I usually spend a day or two meticulously planning it all out. Thinking about the overflowing baskets of fresh picked vegetables and healthy dishes I'll prepare helps me through the cold weather. Reality usually sets in after I've spent the morning loading my virtual cart with seeds and plants only to get a healthy dose of sticker shock. I’ll delete items until it’s just bell peppers left (they’re so expensive at the supermarket!) and hope I remember to plant them once they arrive.

    ReplyDelete